Anyone who reached Mythic rank in February or March (finished with greater than 4,000 ranked points) is invited to play in the April #SBBMonthly. The full list of qualified players can be found here and here.
Before signing up for the April Qualifier, you must register your in-game and Discord names with our bot. If you haven't done so already, please use the
!signup "your sbb game name" command in the
#tournament-signup channel of the official Storybook Brawl Discord. You must have registered your names by Sunday, April 17 in order to participate.
Registered players gain access to private tournament channels. A couple weeks before the event, our tournament organizers will post instructions for signing up for the tournament itself in the private
|1st-8th||Invite to Summer Championship|
|1st-16th||Super Pan bundle code|
|Day 2||700-gem code|
SBB Pro Club
Tournament Competitors will also receive progress towards SBB Pro Club status based on their finish in this tournament.
:eyes: (More details on this being announced soon...)
As with all of our tournaments in 2022, every dollar earned by the Top 8 in this monthly will be matched by Storybook Brawl and given to the charity of that player's choice. So far, Storybook Brawl tournament competitors have raised the following for their charities!
|Clean Air Task Force||$3,400|
|Evidence Action's Deworm the World||$3,250|
|The Trevor Project||$2,750|
|GiveWell Maximum Impact Fund||$2,350|
|Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security||$650|
|Hellen Keller International||$200|
- Staggered flights at different times (listed below). Each player signs up for one flight.
- Each flight consists of seven (7) matches in 8-player pods.
- Players may receive a bye during Day One
- If a player receives a bye, their points for that round become the average of their other six rounds (rounded up / better for the player)
- Points awarded for placement in each pod:
- After seven (7) matches, players with points above the Day Two cut will be eligible to play Day Two on Sunday.
- The Day Two point cut will be posted before the start of the tournament.
Day 1 Flight Times
|Friday||4p PST / 12a UTC|
|Friday||7p PST / 3a UTC|
|Saturday||3a PST / 11a UTC|
|Saturday||6a PST / 2p UTC|
|Saturday||9a PST / 5p UTC|
|Saturday||12p PST / 8p UTC|
|Saturday||3p PST / 11p UTC|
- Starts Sunday at 10am PST / 6p UTC.
- Players' points reset at the start of Day Two.
- Six (6) rounds of 8-player pods, following the same structure as Day One.
- Some players may receive a bye and will be awarded points based on the average of their other five rounds on Day Two (rounded up / better for the player)
- After the six rounds are complete, the 8 players with the highest points cut to the Top 8 race.
Top 8 Race
- Players' points reset at the start of the Top 8.
- The Top 8 is a “race” format over several rounds:
- After earning 10 points, players become “live” to win the event.
- The Top 8 continues until a “live” player takes a 1st-place in a match.
- Once that occurs, they are the winner of the event and the remaining players are sorted by points for standings.
Tiebreakers for Points
- Highest finish, second highest finish and so on.
- Day One point total
- Rank on March ladder
- The event is run through the official Storybook Brawl Discord. To participate in this event you must be registered there:
- Use the
!signup “your game name”command in
#tournament-signupsby the deadline (specified earlier in this announcement) to be eligible to participate.
- Choose a Day One Flight time after the tournament organizer starts their signups, and follow any associated TO instructions.
- Use the
- Lobbies with bugs or issues at or before Hero select will be restarted.
- Lobbies with bugs or issues (internet disconnects etc.) after that point will play on.
- All rulings are the right of the tournament organizers.
- If selected as coverage's featured pod on Day Two, players must stream their screen to Discord if able.
- Streaming on Twitch or other platforms is allowed for Day One, but streaming with no delay is at your own risk.
- Streaming on Twitch or other platforms is allowed for Day Two, but must use the same 15-minute delay as coverage.
- Official coverage begins on Day Two.
- Starts at 10am Pacific Time on April 24.
- Coverage will be on the Storybook Brawl twitch.